Homemade Thin Mints
Date Added: 8/10/2018 Source: theviewfromgreatisland.com
Want to save this recipe?
- 1 cup (8 oz, or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Dutched dark cocoa powder which worked well)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (fluff the flour before scooping and leveling the cup, too much flour will result in a dry dough)
- 16 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 tsp vegetable or coconut oil
- Approximately 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or oil (Make sure you get peppermint, not spearmint, and make sure you get extract, or oil, not flavoring) I used McCormick's Pure Peppermint Extract
View the full recipe at theviewfromgreatisland.com
Give your recipes a home with MasterCook!
- Auto-Import recipes from the all over the web & keep them in one place!
- Add your own recipes and organize into searchable cookbooks
- Access your recipes from anywhere on your smart devices
- Scale recipes for any number
- Create menus, meal plans, & shopping lists
- Keep tabs on your nutrition needs
- Share recipes & cookbooks with friends, family, or coworkers
- Much, much more
Get Started for Free >>